With out a doubt one of the best movie theaters in town is the Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive In. The drive in is right in the heart of Austin offering a classic drive-in experience for all ages. Throughout the year the Blue Starlite shows mostly indie films and old school drive-in movies. In honor of Halloween the theater shows horror movies throughout the entire month of October. From mild favorites like Ghostbusters to full-on slayer movies like Scream, you can be sure to get your Halloween movie fix. Here is the rest of the month’s movie line-up.
- October 14 — The Lost Boys + Monster Squad — 7:30 p.m.
- October 16 — American Werewolf in London + Twilight Zone — 7:30 p.m.
- October 17 — GHOSTBUSTERS + Paranorman — 7:30 p.m.
- October 18 — Nightmare on Elm Street + Last House on the Left — 7:15 p.m.
- October 22 — Army of Darkness + Twilight Zone — 8:00 p.m.
- October 23 — Hocus Pocus + The Shining — 7:45 p.m.
- October 24 — Beetlejuice + Frankenweenie + Corpse Bride — 7:15 p.m.
- October 25 — Scream + Army of Darkness — 7:15 p.m.
- October 28 — GHOSTBUSTERS + Frankenweenie — 7:45 p.m.
- October 29 — The Rocky Horror Picture Show with Live Shadow Cast — 8:15 p.m.
- October 30 — The Thing + The Shining — 7:30 p.m.
- October 31 — Hocus Pocus + Beetlejuice — 7:00 p.m.
This theater is byob and snacks but they do have a concession stand on site offering anything from hot dogs to smores. You can purchase tickets ahead of time online or in person, but make sure to get there early because space is limited.