In this critical first meeting with the Architect and/or the Designer, we will all meet at the homesite to cover a number of key topics:
- Home orientation, tree topography, sun orientation, etc.
- The Client will present any pictures, floor plan examples and magazine articles to Sterling and Architect / Designer.
- Sterling, the Client and Architect / Designer will discuss style, interior design features, layout, building product preferences and the Client’s list of design guidelines.
- Next, we will have a discussion of preferred home design style (i.e., Modern, Mediterranean, Tuscan, Ranch, etc.)
- Desired interior design features such as columns and arches builtins will be covered.
- We will review the home layout and floor plan, and any special furniture considerations.
- Then, we will talk about building product preference for things like windows, exterior doors, and roofing.
- Lastly, Sterling and the Architect / Designer will help the Client develop a list of design guidelines in order of importance (i.e., total square footage, number of bedrooms, number of baths)