In this critical first meeting with the Architect and/or the Designer, we will all meet at the homesite to cover a number of key topics, including:
- Home orientation, tree topography, sun orientation, etc.
- The Client will present any pictures, floor plan examples and magazine articles to Sterling and Architect / Designer.
- The Client, Sterling and Architect / Designer will discuss style, interior design features, layout, building product preferences and Client’s list of design guidelines.
- We will have a discussion of preferred home design style (i.e., Mediterranean, Tuscan, Ranch, etc.)
- We will cover desired interior design features such as columns, arches builtins.
- We will discuss the home layout and floor plan, and any special furniture considerations.
- We will talk about building product preference for things like windows, exterior doors, and roofing.
- Sterling and the Architect / Designer will help the Client develop a list of design guidelines in order of importance, i.e., total square footage, number of bedrooms, number of baths.